Avast Driver Updater is a program designed to help improve the performance of your PC. It scans hardware for broken or outdated drivers and updates them. Outdated drivers are the cause of various system errors and issues with performance. If you decide you no longer need the program, trying to remove itfrom your system can be annoying and frustrating. Even if you think you’ve uninstalled the tool, it may still show you files you need to update or force various process to cancel. Any leftover files can still trigger the background processes. Here’s how to clear your laptop properly to get rid of the application.
Avast Driver Updater is a software that scans your PC for any outdated drivers. It’s intended to help your PC’s performance improve. However, contrary to its intended job of helping your PC, Avast Driver Updater can actually cause your PC to break down.
Many users complained of their devices breaking down after download. Others were unable to cancel their subscription. Another major issue with Avast Driver Updater is that it’s stubborn and hard to uninstall.
There are some cases where you’ll need to factory reset your entire laptop to permanently get rid of Avast. But no need to panic! You can try the following ways to uninstall it first.
Depending on which version of Windows you’re working with, the method of uninstalling Avast Driver Updater will differ.
How to Uninstall Avast Driver Updater – Windows 10
- For Windows 10, right-click on the windows icon on the left bottom of your screen.
- A menu list will open. Click on the first item on this menu, titled “Apps and Features.”
- Once you click it, a window should open up with all the applications on your PC.
- Scroll down and search for Avast Driver Updater in the list.
- You’ll find three dots beside Avast Driver Updater at the far right of the screen. Click it to open a small list with “uninstall” in it. Proceed by clicking on uninstall.
- A permission window will show up asking your permission to allow apps to make changes to your device; click “Yes.”
- Now you’ll either have a new Avast Driver Updater window open or an installation window. If an uninstallation window opens, then you don’t need to do anything else.
If Avast Driver Updater opens, then you’ll find a button with “uninstall” on the bottom right of the screen. Go ahead and click on it.
- Avast Driver Updater will ask if you’d like to uninstall the software. There’ll also be a little tick box asking if you’d like to delete all backups and files. You can click and check this box to completely remove Avast Driver Updater from your PC.
- Click on uninstall and wait for the program to complete the uninstallation progress.
After completing these steps, Avast Driver Updater should now be be uninstalled from your PC.
How to Uninstall Avast Driver Updater – Windows 8
- For Windows 8, on your keyboard, click on the Windows key + X. A list will open up.
- The first item on the list will say “Programs and Features.” Click on it to proceed.
- A window will open with a software list. Look for Avast Driver Updater and right-click it.
- A menu will show up with “uninstall” listed on it. Click it then follow the same steps above from 5 to 8.
How to Uninstall Avast Driver Updater – Windows 7
- For Windows 7, click on the windows button at the left bottom of the screen.
- Select “Control Panel.”
- You’ll find “Programs” among the items in the control panel. It will say “Uninstall a program” under it. Click on the “uninstall a program” link and follow the same steps above.
- There’s a chance that you might find the item titled “Programs and Features” instead. You can click it which will redirect you to the same window.
Alternative Methods for Removing Avast Driver Updater
If the methods above don’t work for you, try any of the following:
- You can try using a strong and trusted antivirus program to remove it. For example, Norton Antivirus may be able to remove Avast Driver Updater for you.
- Or you can try using a trusted third-party app remover to completely remove Avast from your device. Malwarebyte and Hitman Pro can get the job done.
Another way to remove Avast Driver Updater is by using the uninstallation feature that comes with it.
- Go to the folder that contains Avast Driver Updater on your laptop.
- There will be a file titled “Uninstall.exe” or “unins000.exe” inside the folder.
- Click and open this file. If a window asking for permission appears, click “yes” then follow the steps.
The last method you can try is to restore your system. If you’ve ever saved a restore date for your PC, you can use this method to restore your system back to a date before the Avast program was installed.
However, using this method won’t only get rid of Avast Driver Updater, it’ll also get rid of every software you downloaded after that restoration date. That’s why it’s recommended to only use this method if you don’t have any important files that may end up being deleted.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- To restore your Windows OS, click on the Windows button on the left bottom of your screen.
- Type “Control Panel” in the search bar then click it.
- On the upper left side of the window, you’ll find another search bar. Type in “Recovery” into it.
- The first option to show up will be titled “Recovery.” Click it.
- A list will show up with “Open system restore” as the second option. Click it and follow the instructions to completely restore your system.
Following these steps should finally remove Avast Driver Updater from your laptop.
There are some rare cases wherein the software still won’t get removed or some files for the program remain. This might be because the files were corrupted or infected by malware.
In this case, it’s recommended to make use of one of the previously mentioned antivirus tools to be completely safe.
Then, when you’re certain that there aren’t any leftover files left from Avast, you can go ahead and remove the antivirus from your laptop if you don’t need it.