BlueStacks App Player is an application for the Windows operating system. It enables you to successfully run apps designed for the Android operating system right on your laptop. Installing and using BlueStacks is easy and pretty straightforward. But removing it can be a hassle. The most common problem is that it sometimes leaves behind a few files, registry keys and values. Not only does this take up space, but it prevents BlueStacks from being installed in the future. In what follows, we’ll not only show you how to uninstall BlueStacks apps in Windows 10, but also how to uninstall BlueStacks, permanently.
- Launch BlueStacks.
- Hold down the left-click button on the application you’d like to delete.
- An option to uninstall the app will pop up. Select by clicking on it.
- You must now verify whether you want to uninstall the chosen application. To continue, click OK.
- BlueStacks will now delete the app you chose.
- To get started, open BlueStacks and go to the System Apps folder.
- Access the Android Settings by clicking on it. Then select Apps.
- Browse through your app list and select the application you want to delete.
- The app information page will appear. Select the uninstall option.
- You must confirm that you want to delete the app you’ve chosen. To continue, select OK.
- BlueStacks will now remove the app you selected.
- To access the options menu, launch the app drawer and click BlueStacks Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and select Advanced Settings.
- From there, choose Apps.
- When you choose Apps from the menu, a box will appear. This box groups the apps into downloaded apps, running apps, and apps stored in storage. To delete an app, scroll to the downloaded category and choose the app you want to remove.
- Click the Uninstall button from the top-right corner of the screen.
- If you choose to uninstall the app, a dialogue box will appear asking you to confirm your decision. Choose OK.
- BlueStacks will now uninstall the app you selected.
When you uninstall Bluestacks, it sometimes leaves behind some registry files.
The drawback of leaving those files behind is that you won’t be able to reinstall the application. Some left behind registry data messes with the BlueStacks installer. It tricks the installer into thinking the app is still on the device even if it’s not.
Unfortunately, that issue prevents the setup process from finishing. There are several options to uninstall Bluestacks. Keep in mind, though, that this will also delete all your applications, including any gaming data.
So, if you want to save your data, make sure to back it up with your accounts. And when you’re ready, follow any of these methods below to permanently uninstall BlueStacks:
Method 1: Using the Control Panel
- Right-click on the Start Menu and choose the Control Panel.
- Under programs, select Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall the BlueStacks App by right-clicking it and selecting Uninstall.
- Follow the uninstaller’s instructions.
- When you’re done, go to X:ProgramData. The “X” is the drive letter corresponding to the partition on which your Windows operating system is installed.
- To erase the BlueStacksSetup folder, search for it. Then select and delete it.
Method 2: Junk File Cleaning
- Launch the Run dialog by pressing the Windows logo key + R.
- In the Run dialogue, type %temp% and hit Enter.
- To select all the files in the folder, press Ctrl + A. Then press Delete.
- Launch the Run dialog again and type regedit into the Run dialogue box. The Registry Editor will then open when you press Enter.
- In the Registry Editor’s left panel, browse to this directory: SOFTWARE > BlueStacks > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Under SOFTWARE, select the BlueStacks sub-key.
- Select and delete all the files on the right side of the Registry Editor.
Method 3: Troubleshooting
BlueStacks has created a troubleshooter that will let you remove the BlueStacks App from your Windows PC. You can completely uninstall BlueStacks from your PC by applying the troubleshooter instructions.
- Ensure that the BlueStacks application isn’t running.
- Download the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter is called BstCleaner_native.
- To launch the troubleshooter, navigate to the download folder and double-click it.
- Give the troubleshooter permission to run. A message will pop up asking for your permission, select Yes.
- A notification will then appear confirming the removal of BlueStacks. Once you’ve pressed OK, you’re all done.
After you remove BlueStacks, some data is going to remain throughout your device. It may be hard to locate all of the saved files as they’re in hidden folders. Looking for them can take a long time.
Using a third-party uninstaller and cleaner is a quick solution. The app cleaner and uninstaller from Nektony is a good and safe option. It’ll perform the job well.
If you don’t want that approach, you may manually erase the data by following these steps:
- Open your Mac and select Go from the Finder menu bar. Then select Applications.
- Find BlueStacks in the Applications folder.
- Right-click it and select Move to bin. Or you can drag it to the bin at the bottom right.
- The uninstallation will then begin.
- After the uninstallation process is done, search for the BlueStacks’ support data. Use the Command+Shift+G shortcut in Finder.
- Type /Library into the Go to the Folder search field and click Go.
- Select and delete all BlueStacks-related files. You can look for them in these directories: ~/Library/Application Support
- After you delete all the BlueStack data, empty your trash bin.
Will BlueStacks Slow My PC?
BlueStacks is a heavy application. Running many applications will strain your device if the specifications are lacking. BlueStacks requires a significant amount of RAM and processing power. As a result, your device will work slower than normal.
How Do I Stop BlueStacks from Running in the Background?
Because Bluestacks is a hefty program, it doesn’t perform well on systems with limited RAM. By going to task manager > startup > disable bluestack agent, you can eliminate its startup action.
This method will reduce the time it takes for your system to boot up and will only operate when you open the software. As a result, you’ll notice that your device performing faster than before.
Can BlueStacks Be Hacked?
BlueStacks is completely safe and secure if you install it from the official website. BlueStacks can’t hack anything on its own.
Is BlueStacks a Virus?
BlueStacks doesn’t contain any malware or malicious software. However, make sure you download it from the official website or a reputable source.